The Houston Area's Leader in RV Parts and RV Repair Since 1957
Exceptional associates in parts and service who know the business of RV's.
We are the Houston Area's Leader in RV Parts and RV Repair Since 1957
In 1957 Bonnie and Bob Dues started a small RV business in downtown Dickinson. Since 1946, Bob's business had been the Sinclair gas station located on Hwy. 3 where Sonic now stands. A longtime acquaintance came to Bob and asked him to go to Kansas to look at a pickup camper made by Dreamer. Bob had to buy three units to become a dealer. His acquaintance bought the first one.
Ready for take off
The new business took off. By 1964 Dues was recognized as the #1 dealer in the southeast and among the top 5 dealers in the U.S. for Dreamer and Wheelcamper Trailers.Bonnie and Bob took the plunge and purchased property for their expanding business at 2619 Gulf Freeway in June of1968. After a year of preparation, they held their Grand Opening on June 20, 1969, leaving the little Sinclair station vacant. They hired 10 employees to keep up with service and sales.
Our Customers Are Like Family
The business thrived, and some of the Dues children were also involved. Rudy worked alongside Eddie in the service department, and Eddie also worked inside as the parts manager in the summers while he attended A & M University.
The Next Generation
In 1981, Bonnie and Bob felt it was time for the next generation to take over and wanted a husband and wife team. Bonnie and Bob retired as their son Eddie and his wife, Betsy purchased the business. Eddie had worked in the business since he was 12 years old, and Eddie and Betsy successfully operated the business from 1981 until 2018 when it was purchased by another husband and wife team, Todd & Catharine Walker. Although semi-retired Eddie and Betsy still act as consultants and are very much in evidence around the business. Dues Camping Center continues to be a family-owned-and-operated business that puts the needs of its customers first.